1. Help us to fall in love with You again Lord God. We confess we have been distracted by the things of this world calling out for our attention, and devotion. We have become callous in part to the things of God. We have rejected Your righteousness by choosing entertainment that appeals to our sinful nature rather than that which is right and pure and acceptable to You, and that which is fitting a child of the Most High God. We confess the sin of course joking to You God and by Your power may we overcome it. We confess the sin of pride as we expect others to measure up to our standards and we sit in judgment, and even condemn them Lord. They are Yours and You are God and we are not. Forgive us Lord and bring healing to our souls as we surrender to You and let You be God. We confess the sin of lust Lord. When we look upon a woman lustfully the Bible says we have already committed adultery in our hearts. God our culture is rampant with un-Godly sexuality in our movies, magazines, on T.V., and on the internet. Our nation is saturated with unholy images Lord. We are bombarded with the constant message of impurity. Help us Lord! Heal us Lord! Rescue us Lord! We as a people have rejected You and Your holiness and have adopted the culture of Babylon, a culture of pride and open rebellion. Break our heats we pray. Break our hearts! Open up our eyes to the truth Lord we pray, that by confessing our sins, and turning from them we might find forgiveness, and peace, and freedom Lord!
2. Many of us go to Church on Sunday mornings praising Your Name and reading Your Word and believing the lie that everything is fine when in fact there is deadness inside. Wake us up Lord; wake us up and revive our souls! Bring Holy Spirit revival to our families, our churches, and our communities as we turn back to You, we pray.
3. For the sin in our heats break our hearts. May we see our sin for the rebellion it is.
4. Father we like the prodigal son, have run from You seeking love, joy, and peace in the sins of this world. Although they don’t satisfy Lord, we continue to run to the things of this world instead of running to You. Forgive us we pray! Be our shelter, be our love. Be our joy. Be our peace. May our souls be satisfied in You, and in You alone! We pray it be true oh God!
5. Forgive us we pray for failing to see You in the sunrise, in the noon day, and in the sunset. Help us recognize and praise You for working all around us every day. Forgive us we pray for not being grateful for multiple gifts You give us every day.
6. Help us now Lord live by You through the Holy Spirit. Help us live in Your righteousness. When temptations come may surrender to You and allow You to answer it’s call every time Lord.
7. Help us fall in love with You again. May we hunger for Your Living Word. May we read it daily and let it’s truth comfort, correct, inspire, and encourage us!
8. Help us pray Lord as we have never prayed before. Help us pray in earnest for our families in faith that You will hear our prayers and act according to Your divine will. May we pray for Your church and our church family. May we pray for our communities, and our country. May we pray for Your people Israel Lord for blessed are those who bless them and those who cures them You will curse.
9. Move in us we pray. Give us Your heart for Your people. Move in us to serve one another in Your church. Give us a passion for those with whom we worship. Help us build each other up. Encourage a new wave of individuals who have never served in the church to rise up and answer the call. Pour out Your blessings we pray as we move in the Spirit of unity and the bond of peace. Help us love one another, care for one another, honor and protect one another we pray in Jesus Name.
10. Give us Your heart for those who don’t know You we pray. Give us Your heart for those in bondage to materialism, addictions, and pride. Help us love the broken, and hurting. Help us love those who are captive to anger, anxiety, and depression. Help us love those who are sick and in prison. Help us love the fatherless and the widow. Help us love the rebellious. Help us love the people of this world, the rich and poor, the great and the small, the powerful and the uninfluential. Lord help us see them through the eyes of Jesus! Help us love them with Your love!
We pray all of these things in the mighty Name of Jesus the Christ! Amen.